Sunday, May 2, 2010

and so i became a pioneer

This is my pioneer blog posting. I have never blogged before, and I am happy to say that I have joined the ranks of other people expressing themselves over this fabulous thing we call the interweb.  


I am an optimist. I believe that if you do not like the way your life is turning out, only you have the power to change it.  No one knows you better than you know yourself (except maybe my two best friends), but in the end, you are the leader and pioneer of your own destiny.  Everyday we make decisions, and these decisions have the power to change our lives.  The difference between eating breakfast in the morning before your bike ride to school and not eating breakfast could have the power of completely altering your entire life.  If you eat breakfast, you could find yourself sitting in a kitchen all alone in 20 years with no husband, no friends, etc.  And if you don’t eat breakfast, you could find yourself traveling the Swiss countryside with your husband that you ran into coming out your door--the husband that you would have missed and never met if you had eaten your breakfast.  Life is just weird like that.  Each second we live, is a second that could be different in another life or even someone else’s life.  Good things, bad things, and useless things could occur in a matter of seconds that may not have happened a few seconds earlier. People should take every chance they get to do what they want to do.  It is your life, so just live it.
"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said that it'd be easy. They just promised it would be worth it. 
 
Life should be simple. Do what you want to do, and you shouldn’t have a problem. I can’t say that I am the best teacher of life.  I’ve only been living for nineteen years, almost twenty. I haven’t had too many hardships, and I haven’t experienced every human emotion that is possible to feel.  But I do know that I want to live the best life possible.  No one knows how long they are going to live it, so why not live it surrounded by the ones you love, eating what you want to eat, and doing what you want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails