Thursday, September 8, 2011

[fab food] Cornish Pasty Co

I was looking through my iPhone photos the other day and I noticed a similarity between all of the pictures:
most of them are of food.
I love food, I love eating, and I love going out to eat,
so I thought I would create this new (and hopefully regular) section of my blog called [fab food].
My summer in LA opened by eyes to the world of little known restaurants that are so delicious,
so I'm hoping to find a little collection of these esteemed restaurants home in Arizona.
 Today's [fab food] restaurant is Cornish Pasty Co. located only in Arizona's Tempe & Mesa locations.
Their food is absolutely delicious, and the best part is their incredible vegetarian options.
Everything I've tried at this restaurant has been amazing.
I hate mushrooms, but the mushroom soup at this restaurant is one of the best soups I've ever had.
Even things as simple as french fries (or oven fries) are incredible & unique.
The pasties themselves originate in South England as far back as the 1200's.
They were baked by the wives and mothers of tin miners. The crimped edge was used as a handle to hold onto while eating so they would not ingest the arsenic from the mine that was on their hands.

Today, the pasties are paired with delicious salads and a wide range of beers on tap.
Check it out, and if you're ever in Arizona...you must make a trip!

1 comment:

  1. i hate you for making me crave cornish and i can't have it!! so jealous. my mouth is watering.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails