Saturday, June 19, 2010

VI.XX.XC

Brooke and I turn 20 years old at midnight tonight.  Turning twenty is one of the more depressing birthdays, but it’s also super exciting.  We are adults, no longer teenagers, yet we still can’t legally drink alcohol or go to fun bars and clubs with all of our friends who seem just as mature and capable as we are.  Turning twenty, besides that minor set back, is going to be a lot of fun.  It is the perfect time for transition.  I just moved into the new El Casa Trio with my two best friends.  We upgraded from an apartment to a house with a front yard and a back yard.  Already, we feel so much older and we feel more like our actual age.  Next year we’ll be juniors in college, which means pretty soon we’ll be out in the real world with real jobs and real responsibilities.  I guess that means that this summer we all need to continue to live our lives to the fullest because we won’t be this young for long.



The past twenty years have been amazing.  Through the ups and downs, the great friendships, and the dying friendships, everything that has happened has made me who I am today.  I love the way that my life has turned out up to this point.  I have a job that I love, a great boyfriend, fabulous roommates/best friends, and an amazing family.  Sharing my life with a twin sister has been difficult at times, but I wouldn’t change it for anything.  


How many people can say that they have been best friends with someone for 20 years and 9 months on their 20th birthday?  


VI.XX.XC


Let’s make tonight a night to remember.



2 comments:

  1. LOOOOOOVE!!!!!

    tonight will be a night to remember :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I love this, tonight will be so much fun, maybe not a lot of remembering but that's why we have cameras!! Love you both. Happy Birthday. <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails