The lovely Jessica at Memoirs of a Melodramatic
picked me to do a list of fours.
I'm super excited about this :)
Go check out Jessica's blog! And she has an adorable puggle too :)four shows i watch:
1. Gossip Girl. My all time favorite show. It gets me through my Mondays, and I'm so so so excited to watch it with the girls tomorrow after my Special Event Management final!
2. Entourage. This past season was kind of iffy, but the finale was definitely intense. :) I just love how guys are such good friends to each other...my brothers are still friends with people they went to elementary school with, and I think that's why I like "guy" shows haha.
3. Pretty Little Liars. Brooke and I totally started watching it as a joke to see what it was like, but we fell for it pretty hard. It's on break until January, but we love the mystery and the drama.
4. Make It Or Break It. It's super dramatic and cheesy, but it's great. I used to do gymnastics when I was little, and so I think watching it lets me see how life would have been if I stuck with it :) Only way more dramatic & intense.
four things I am passionate about:
1. My family. They mean the world to me, and they've given me the world. I love my mom & dad more than anything, and of course my brothers and Brookie. I can only hope that I can be as good of a parent in the future as my parents were to me.
2. My future. I know that I should live every day in the present, but I'm constantly thinking about the future. I'm so excited to graduate, go out into the real world, move to different places, and meet new people. First step: find an internship in LA this summer. So excited!!
3. Eating. I love eating. It makes me happy. If I'm in a bad mood, I must be hungry. Mexican food is my favorite, indian food is a close second, and yup pretty much anything that is delicious loves going in my tummy. Oh, and I'm a vegetarian. Always have been, always will be :)
4. Being Genuine. I'm not perfect at it, but it's my goal to always be kind and genuine to people. No one deserves to be insulted, ignored, or talked down to. "Kill them with kindness" is my new motto.
|mommy & me with spidey in NYC|
1. Whatevs. I didn't realize that I said this all the time until work today. Whenever there was a lull in conversation or I went to another area of the restaurant, I just mumbled "whatevs." Kinda weird, I want to try and stop my subconscious from loving this word.
2. Cool. I'm not very creative when it comes to new words to describe something. When I listen to stories or talk on the phone, I'm probably going to say cool after every two sentences.
3. Thank you. I say thank you all the time. Mostly at work when people help me out, but also at home too. Thank you for dinner, thank you for doing the dishes, thank you for folding my laundry. People stop doing nice things for you if you don't acknowledge them, so I'm trying to do more of that.
4. Yay. Anytime I hear good news. :)
four things I've learned from the past:
1. Don't be too dramatic. It just creates problems. Nick always tells me that I'm melodramatic, and I always disagree, but he's right. I'm a pretty lucky girl, all around, and there's no need to worry or dramatize little situations.
2. Think before you speak. It's easy to say mean things to people when you're upset with them, but sometimes words are hard to take back. It's better to bite your tongue, and think before you speak. It'll save a lot of relationships.
3. Don't wear anything but waterproof mascara/eye-liner anywhere around water. It burns. I just got out of the shower, and even though I removed my eye make-up prior, there must have been residue because I felt like I was going blind.
4. Your eyes are bigger than your stomach before noon. If it's your first meal of the day and you're starving, chances are...you're not going to be able to eat everything on your plate. Brooke & I call it "First Meal Syndrome." :)
four places I'd like to go:
1. The Maldives. Gorgeous islands below India. So expensive, but I'll make it there someday.
2. The Caribbean. I got so close to getting there...my parent's won a trip, but it was hurricane season, so we didn't go. Someday though!
3. Paris, France. I went there with my family when I was ten. It was gorgeous then, but imagine how much better it would be as a twenty-something. We were going to go for spring break this year, but we might just have to save it for another year. That's coming up pretty fast.
4. Morocco. I almost made it there my senior year of high school when we went to Spain, but we thought it was too dangerous. I just watched What A Girl Wants, and seeing her parents meet in Morroco made me really want to go there and explore the desert.
|the beautiful Maldives|
1. Studied with Olivia.
2. Lunch with mommy.
3. Called Nick.
4. Got some much-needed sleep.
four things I love about winter:
1. Hawaii. We went to Hawaii with my mom and dad last winter, and we're doing it again this winter. I love the idea that we're getting tan while everyone else is freezing their little butts off. We're pretty lucky :)
2. Hot Chocolate. Any hot beverage. Starbucks' Christmas drinks, hot tea, hot chocolate, coffee with ice cream inside. Any hot beverage instantly makes you feel like its the holidays.
3. Fireplaces/firepits. I missed out on this for the past two years, but living at home was the best because of the fireplace. Now that Nick bought us one for El Casa Trio, it'll be a lovely Arizona winter.
4. Ice Skating. Most people get to go ice skating on real ice, but here in Arizona, we got ot ice skating rinks...indoors. Brooke and I just found an outdoor skating rink in Old Town Scottsdale that's open for this month! I can't wait to go :)
|the Hawaii crew :)|
Brooke, mommy, daddy, Paige, & Me
1. Finals being over.
2. Visiting/meeting Nick's family in Minnesota.
4. LA this summer.