Yayyyy! I got my first blog award, and I'm so so excited. Kai over at
All Kinds of Complicated gave me the Stylish Blogger Award!
She is such a sweet and beautiful girl, and if you do not already follow her blog, I highly recommend that you should. I love how she takes pictures of food (just like me!), shares her fun dates, and mixes her blog posts with stories from her life along with life, style, and design inspiration. :)
Okay, so the rules for the award are as follows:
1. Thank the person that gave you the award. (Thanks again Kai!! ❤)
2. Name 7 facts about yourself
3. Give the award to 7 stylish bloggers, & comment to let them know.
1. I'm a twin!! My sister, Brooke and I are best friends. Yeah, of course we fight, but we always get over it. We had always been in the same classes (until college), had the same friends, and lived together. There's not much that we don't know about each other, in fact, sometimes she knows more about me than I know about myself. She's most likely going to be moving to Milan, Italy for the Fall 2011 Semester, and I already miss her. It's going to be such a change, but it will be a good one. If you don't already follow her blog, go check it out: Living Today But Dreaming of Tomorrow
|me & Brookie|
2. I'm a vegetarian. No meat, no fish, but I'm definitely not a vegan. I love ice cream, cheese, & chocolate milk. My mom raised me and Brooke that way. Our dad eats meat and our three brothers eat meat, but us girls are veggies. Yeah, it definitely limits restaurant menus to two or three items, but I think that it makes me unique, and I like it like that. Oh, and we found this really great restaurant called Green in Scottsdale, and their entire menu is mock-meat. It's the one place that I can order everything on the menu, but I still always only get the same two things (buffalo wings & a mexi-cali burger).
3. Chipotle is my favorite restaurant in the whole world. It's not fine dining, and I'm sure it's not the best mexican food out there, but I eat there at least once a week. Last week, we ate there probably about 3-4 times. It's kind of ridiculous, but their $6.50 Vegetarian Bowl is to die for. I get: cilantro lime rice, black beans, pico de gallo, LOTS of hot, sour cream, LOTS of cheese, guacamole, and lettuce. Sprinkle some Smoked Chipotle Tobasco sauce, and it's even more amazing. I used to get burritos, but they're too hard to eat and with bowls you can get the perfect bite every time.
|when a burrito has a hole that big, it kind of turns you off of eating burritos|
4. I'm a sucker for all cheesy, girly, & romantic movies. I've seen The Notebook a million times, and I cry even harder each time I see it. The same goes for Titanic. All of those girly teen movies like John Tucker Must Die are in my movie collection at home. I love action movies, scary movies, and all different kinds of flicks, but chick flicks are by far going to win in any contest. This is exactly why Nick won my heart once again when he bought me yellow roses & my very own copy of Sex and the City 2 out of the blue. :)
5. I'm a pet lover. If I could have a pet, I definitely would. I love puppies and dogs. I have a cat that lives back home with my mom and dad, but it's almost 16 years old. I got him when I was five. If it wasn't for the cat hair that gets everywhere, I would maybe own a cat in the future. The first thing I'm going to do when I have a real job is get a puppy. I love little to mid-sized dogs. If I could have any dog in the world, it would probably be either a puggle or a shiba inu. Both are so cute & darling.
6. I love to travel. I've been so fortunate in my life to be able to see a lot of the world with my family. My parents love to travel, and thankfully, they love taking me and Brooke with them. We've gotten to see the beautiful cities of Paris, Madrid, London, Edinburgh, Cape Town, Melbourne, and so many more. It's been great traveling to all of the different cities, and I think that seeing how other people live makes me appreciate my own life and have goals of how I'd like to live my life. It's hard to pick my favorite country that I've been to, but I'm pretty sure that I enjoyed Spain a lot. We went there my senior year of high school over Christmas, and we had a magical time.
"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."
|mommy & me exploring the streets|
7. I used to be a great cook and a fabulous baker. Keywords are "used to be." When Brooke and I were younger, we wanted to be chefs. Our mom even got us chef outfits with our names embroidered onto them. My sister and I would spend all day finding recipes, going to the grocery store, and making new kinds of dishes for our family and friends to enjoy. We watched The Food Network every night before bed, and we even had Iron Chef challenges and used our friends as judges. We went to cake decorating classes and made all of the treats for our family gatherings. Once we got to college, everything changed. Now, we barely have anything in our fridge, and we eat out (at Chipotle mostly) almost every day. Nothing's changed in our minds though. We still love cooking, and we want to be able to eat fantastic meals every day. So this last fact is more of a goal. I'm going to start devoting more time & money into cooking and baking again. We enjoyed it so much a few years ago, so I know it will bring us happiness again.
Alright, so there are my seven facts!
Now I need to pass off the challenge to a seven of my favorite bloggers.
I follow so many blogs & I LOVE them all,
but here are the ones that stand out:
1. Steph at (sweet) symphanie
2. Christine at Bijou and Boheme
3. Christine at bun & borough
4. Alycia and Trevor at Crowley Party
5. Debby at Inspired Design
6. Nicole at Scraps of Color
7. EJC at Stiletto Beats